Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Two - Sweet October.

The smile she gave me exhilirated me for a moment and she looked stunningly beautiful in a red blouse. I thought she's going to give me a sarcastic smile for being late but it wasn't, it was a cheerful smile and I exchange her with one too as we approach each other but deep down inside saying to myself, busted na ito dahil late sa unang date but I was carefully eyeing her reactions. I had perfectionist gfs in the past relationships and I don't want to be in the same seat again. So I told her that I was late due to traffic and she just nodded without any hesitation. That's a good sign because I'm the type of person who don't put the best foot forward first at all costs. But that day, being late was unintentional, and clearly she understood that. Lucky me.

I invited her in a Vietnamese restaurant called Hue. The ambience is romantically good and so far the best fine dining restaurant in its cuisine lane I've ever been to. The waiter handed us the menu. While she's carefully making her choice, I stole glimpses of her. 3 to 5 second glimpses to be exact before surrendering my flag and decide what I have to eat. I can't take my eyes off her. I wanted to impress her pretty badly that I ordered 2 glasses of red wine filled with one of their house specialties. That time, I said to myself I have to make it up to her being late in the first date. :) And besides, red wine is good for the heart although, she already captivated me. So then we had a lovely dinner. Really glad she enjoyed it. We decided to take a walk around greenbelt area.

We talked about a lot of things, we shared a lot of stories, talked about our own views in life, families and other things. Talking with her is so light and easy. She's the type of person that encourages you to be the real you to impress her. No pretensions. No masks. No goody goody-two-shoes acts... I felt that I found my bliss in her. Whatever we do and wherever we go, how many times we eat, went in and out of convenience stores, mcdo, jollibee and chowking that night until dawn, I had fun... we both had fun.

It was already 6 am when we call it a date. I walked her home until we get to her place. As we get there, I thanked her for the marvelous time and the pleasure of her company. She smiled and uttered the same line. We agreed to go together for a mass that afternoon and I clandestinely have my own intentions about what I feel for her. I smiled.

Time to go back from Makati to Quezon City where I momentarily stay with my brother. MRT is not crowded since it was a Sunday. I know it's a long journey but short in my world... like the time I've just spent with her, barely noticed the time, I was in a bliss.

to be continued.

2 comments:

lgeorgia said...

Ano? May "to be continued" na naman! Tsk! Mwahhh! :D

rah said...

Gusto mo tanggalin ko na lang? :p